King County Metro TripPool
TripPool is a King County Metro pilot program providing on-demand rideshare options to connect riders to transit in select areas. Metro provided commuter vans make one round trip each work day to a Park & Ride or transit center. Volunteer drivers pick up and drop off registered riders along the way. TripPool trips are coordinated by riders and drivers on their smartphone through the free mobile app, iCarpool.
TripPool is a pilot program being tested by Metro in alternative service areas—currently seeking volunteer drivers on Mercer Island.
Request information or call 206-625-4500.
TripPool Fast Facts:
- Each TripPool has at least two drivers to ensure reliability. The Metro provided vehicle includes gas, insurance, and maintenance along with the reserved parking.
- Riders use iCarpool to choose from listed stops and drivers have the flexibility to make route adjustments.
- Trip booking and fare payment is handled through the iCarpool mobile app.
- TripPool trips are free for the active driver of the trip.
- Riders pay for trips using iCarpool ‘ride credits’.
- Free ride credits and program incentives will be provided to riders who link their iCarpool and RideshareOnline.com accounts. For all TripPool trips, linked accounts are reimbursed for fares above $2.75 (one-zone peak).
- Additional ride credits will be provided to riders who also provide their ORCA card to allow 100% reimbursement for all TripPool trips.
- Accessible commuter vans are available. Please call 206-625-4500 to discuss your accessible vehicle needs for your TripPool trip.